PROGRAMS. EDUCATION. TRAINING.
Reduce the frequency and severity of device failures, lower device repair costs, improve staff productivity, and increase both physician and patient satisfaction.Contact Us
If nothing changes, nothing changes.
Rigid Scopes 101 (1 CEU credit)
- Attendees will learn the anatomy of rigid scopes, how they are used, how they should be handled and why.
- Attendees will know and be able to explain the three “I”s of rigid scope care: Inspect, Isolate, Immobilize.
Flexible Scopes 101 (1 CEU credit)
- Attendees will learn the anatomy of flexible endoscopes, how they are used, how they should be handled and why.
- Attendees will know and be able to explain how to prevent most many catastrophic failures and the proper care and handling of flexible scopes, including what to look for during an inspection.
Surgical Power Equipment 101 (1 CEU credit)
- Attendees will learn the anatomy of power handpieces including battery, pneumatic, and plug-in.
- Attendees will know and be able to explain the effects of preventive maintenance on the life of the tools, proper testing and inspecting procedures and the common do’s and don’ts of hand-held power care.
Stainless Instrument Testing and Inspection 101 (1 CEU credit)
- During this hands-on course, attendees will learn the different categories of general stainless instruments, how they are used, and why and how they should be tested. Attendees will know and be able to explain how and why surgical instruments should be tested and inspected during set assembly and not during procedural use.
Insulated Instrument Testing and Inspection 101 (1 CEU credit)
- Attendees will learn how laparoscopic instruments are used, the risks associated with minimally invasive surgeries and how they can mitigate that risk. Attendees will know and be able to explain the life, death and lifestyle risks of stray energy burns and how to mitigate electrical burns during MIS procedures through proper insulation testing and inspections.
- This accredited self-paced course offers all the educational background, manuals and instruction needed for Central Sterile and SPD staff to prepare for and pass the CRCST certification test from the International Association of Healthcare Central Services Material Management. This course can be paired with coaching and mentor services to promote success.
SPD Support (1 CEU credit*)
- This is a completely customized course designed to reinforce facility-specific policies and procedures. Trainers will work with management and facility educators to develop and deliver relevant content to address immediate concerns in any aspect of Central Sterile services. Courses can range from “Why Should I Use my PPE” to “How to Polish a Rigid Scope Window” or “What to Expect During a Regulatory Inspection” and beyond. If it is important to the facility, it is important to SIS.
A Day in the Lab (4 CEU credits)
- This course is a half day session (includes lunch) that covers a day in the SIS National Service Center. Attendees will learn the how’s and why’s of all categories of service provided by SIS. This course provides an in-depth coverage of the five core 101 courses.
- This training includes the RCA-based education and documentation offerings provided by SIS to help improve processes and procedures in order to reduce the frequency and severity of device failures. All training strictly adheres to industry standards and manufacturer instructions for use.
CONTACT US TODAY FOR A FREE TRIAL!
Trial the BRDC program: Locate your beyond repair items and let us provide you with a no-charge evaluation.